Bullying.

Posted by on Tuesday

Hello.

I don't know if it's just because I haven't wrote in this blog since the summer or because I've just been really annoyed lately, but I've decided to actually write about something since I probably should.

One of the most awkward topics in the entire world stems from bullying. I know it's stupid and a lot of people talk about it, but I felt like it should be addressed. And why not by me?


The fact is, like the majority of the people that live on this planet, I too was bullied. Not in a physical sense, but emotionally I let people get the best of me.

I'm not saying this for pity - Really, I'm not. I'm just addressing an issue that shouldn't exist anymore. But it does. No matter how many times we as a culture say we're accepting of people, it's never the case. Throughout middle school and high school students are taught pyshics, biology, math, but never the right way to treat people. Sure, we had sociology classes - But from my own personal experience, you don't learn anything.

I was humilated throughout my life. I was short, chubby, and let's be honest - not your average female. At school, I was called anything from a troll, a dwarf, to Frodo (which I will gladly accept because Frodo's awesome), but I find that the main reason why I and the rest of the people I knew were bullied was because they looked different. I wasn't 5'7 and I didn't have the body mass of an infant child. I was large, and what most people don't know, I had stunted growth which lead to a larger body frame, making me bigger from other children until I eventually started to lose weight.

There's obviously not much you can do, other than just accept it. I'm not going to make a list and name off the people who did me wrong in life, because it's not worth it. Even in my last year of high school I was told multiple times on Formspring (Also known as the hell of internet) that I was ugly and I should kill myself. Really, that happened.

But what people don't notice about those being bullied is why they're like that to begin with. Maybe the girl called fat is suffering from depression, maybe that guy with a weird walk has a muscular problem, maybe the person you thought was too skinny had an eating disorder.

The thing is, you don't know people. I don't even know why people are the way they are, but who am I to judge? Who are we as people to judge people who don't deserve it.


As much as I want to say that bullying didn't affect me, it did. To the most part the things that were said have made me a better person, but now I can't even accept a compliment without thinking someone is joking or just being nice. I know people who refuse dates thinking that people are lying to them as a result as being told they were unattractive throughout their entire life.

What kind of world is that? Why would anyone want to make a person feel any less like a person? If you can tell they have imperfections, why would you make them suffer because of it?

So, with that, just remember; If you're reading this and you've bullied people, apologize. If you've been bullied, I know how you feel. And no matter what, you're an awesome person. Take it from me, Frodo, I know my shit.

And for those who are reading this and who've bullied me (why are you reading this), I forgive you, I guess. But, if I ever run into you in the future, just remember that I'll never forget what you said. 



GODSPEED,

Mkizzle


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.