Hipsters.

Posted by on Tuesday

Hey you. Yes, you there with the tired eyes glaring at your computer screen wondering why your looking at this blog... Have you seen them?

Them.

The Hipsters.




We often see this subculture on a day-to-day basis, whether it be going to a record store to pick up some vinyl for your Grandfather's 85th birthday present or buying a book from an innocent place like Chapters, odds are you'll be able to see one within a mile radius buying vinyls of a band no one has ever heard of or drinking a Starbucks tea while reading 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' and the latest Nylon magazine. They are everywhere, and they are annoying as hell.

To be honest, I don't think I could even begin to understand why someone would choose to live like that. Sure, I can understand the music preference, but come on. If you wear something that looks like it was made in Vietnam in the 70's, you have a problem. If your hair is down to your knees and you resemble a female Russel Brand, you have a problem. If your idea of fun is taking pictures of yourself with your iPhone's Instagram and then telling people you're a photographer, you have a problem.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that this exists or the fact that it's becoming a revolution.

Over half of the population at my school is Hipster. I say that only because on sunny days they all wear Raybans and magically obtain acoustic guitars so they can "play" songs no one has heard of. I think Hipsters are fine as long as they are controlled. If you leave them to mingle with a group of other people odds are they'll be fine, but it's when they are all together that they decide to blast The Smiths and dance like they're high on LSD (Which they probably could be, who knows).

All in all, I just want this craze to end. But at the same time I don't really care, just because I'm lazy. If you're hipster and reading this, just know that I hate you. (Just kidding. Maybe.) And if you're mad at me because of this post, listen to more of those songs no one else has heard about and go take filtered pictures in a field or something.

xoxo
MK

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.