An Open Letter to Everyone I hated in high school

Posted by on Monday

I'd just like to take this time to extend my sincerest apologies for not going along with your shenanigans for all of those wonderful and exciting years we've spent together. Sadly I've been unable to see the majority of you, possibly because you're all in University (either learning Psychology or Business, it doesn't really matter.. You won't complete it anyway.) receiving a well deserved education paid by none other than your wealthy parents.

To be honest I'm not sure why I never joined in on the ongoing parties throughout the years, possibly because I was never invited and was never there to fully understand what goes on in your brilliant minds as you funnel beer while wearing Hollister and chug your father's liquor out of red plastic cups.

I will admit, however, that there was a time in my life (also called my armeggedon), when I actually wanted to be like you. I guess you could say being part of the cool group was my goal of that year. Obviously, due to my short stature and hair color I succumbed to various jokes from all you popular kids. "Midget", "Dwarf", "Leprechaun", just to name a few.

Looking back on our Grade 12 year, it was clear we were all really getting along. From the two separate grad trips to the rigged contests, our high school was above it all. I think my favorite part of our graduating yearbook is that it consisted of the same 5 people in every picture. I believe I was in one photograph in the entire book. Unfortunately, even though I was clearly in the picture, one of the editors of the yearbook forgot to put my name in the caption. I'm sure it was just a mistake. Even though they named everyone else in the picture, obviously they just misplaced mine. That's all.

In the words of Adele, I wish nothing but the best for you, too. I hope that you don't get alcohol poisoning from those jello shots you made with your "uni bffls" and that the herpes you contracted goes away. And I hope that one day, you will be able to look back on our fond memories and realize what a great friendship we shared. Even though we never said a word to each other on Facebook other than the fact that I accepted your friend request and lurked your pictures, you've all made me who I am today. Thank you.

Yours,
MK


One Comment

Powered by Blogger.