Why the Hunger Games was Awesome

Posted by on Monday

I've got to admit, The Hunger Games lived up to my expectations.

When I say lived up to, I mean it took me to another world and back in a two-hour and twenty-two minute film. I didn't even leave halfway through the movie and "buy popcorn" (AKA wandering around and asking myself why I spent so much money on a horrible movie). I sat, I watched, I laughed, I cried.

The movie, which I will not spoil for you because I'm not a horrible person, was way better than I thought it would be. To be honest I thought the movie was going to be a Twilight 2.0, but Jennifer Lawrence (Katniss) drop kicked any ounce of talent Kristen Stewart had and punted it over the Empire State building.

Here is the fabulous trailer. Feel free to drool continuously until you go see it.



If you might have forgotten what the premise of this movie is; Basically 24 "teenagers" (for some messed up reason 12 year olds are included) need to kill each other in a strange dome that shoots fireballs and rabid dogs out of god-knows-where. Pretty exciting. On another note, I am serious; DO NOT BRING YOUR 8 YEAR OLD TO SEE THIS MOVIE. IF YOU DO, YOU SHOULD WIN STUPIDEST PARENT OF THE YEAR AWARD. Your kid will probably crawl up into the fetal position and cry. Too intense for a child.

Also, I'm speaking as someone who has never read the books. Hate on me all you want, but I hate when I read books and the movie sucks so I thought if I just watched the movie I would suffer no disappointment. But many of my friends who have read them say the movie isn't far off and is still pretty friggin' amazing.

All in all, the amazing cast, special effects, and story make this movie one to actually watch in theatres. Seriously, do it.

MK

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.