Why Project X Kind of Sucked

Posted by on Sunday

I will admit it, I saw Project X. I wasn't even forced to endure the film, I paid 11 dollars and 99 cents and went to see the damn movie. I wanted to see why exactly every one of my friends absolutely loved it.


And after watching the film, I have no idea why it's so popular.




First off, the movie starts off with three losers trying to get popular in high school (A.K.A. every single movie released for the 13-20 year old demographic) and it was the main loser's birthday. So, for this birthday his parents leave him (Yup, happens to me every birthday.) and he is left with his friends. They decide to create a huge party and the party gets out of hand. Blah, blah, blah.


I'm not trying to sound like a fun sponge, but this movie just didn't do it for me. Although I can appreciate the acting (It's hard to act like a loser sometimes) and the great POV shooting... The entire premise was idiotic.


Here's the shitastic trailer. Be warned it contains footage of teenagers being drunk.



The kid threw a party without his parents, and it got out of hand. RIDICULOUSLY, OUT OF HAND. Spoiler alert, some guy brings in a flamethrower and torches his entire neighborhood. Now that's some great cinematic fun. It's almost as if the writers decided to throw in every single thing that would never happen in real life at a party into a film built for teenagers because teenagers are idiots and will like anything.

I guess watching these movies is an acquired taste. Some like beer, some like coolers. In this case, some like coolers and some like gasoline. All in all, and as critical as a person I am; If you are going to waste your money on this movie, go for it. But this movie isn't worth 11 dollars. It's worth an hour of your time trying to download it illegally on Pirate Bay, but not 11 dollars.

MK

4 Comments

  1. This was actually fantastic mk, im kind of super jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you Natalie. Jealous of what? We both have ginger hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that you have a blog and I don't. ps i subscribed to you, so post more.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.